PCSX-Reloaded is a free PlayStation emulator that allows you to run PlayStation games on your computer or laptop; this is an excellent way to experience popular titles on your desktop. If you’re looking to download PCSX-Reloaded, keep reading this article on how to set up an emulator and run ROMs.
The world of video gaming has its own charm, thrill, excitement, and fever.
Perhaps this is the main reason why video gaming enthusiasts love playing video games no matter what.
If you are a real fan of playing video games, you will always have a craze for the classic old games as well.
So no matter how much you can afford buying the latest games and the current versions of your favorite gaming consoles, the thought of re-visiting the adventure and fun while playing a classic video game will always strike you.
And one superb way of doing this is by using emulator software such as PCSX-Reloaded to emulate your personal computer.
What is PCSX-Reloaded?
Basically, PCSX-Reloaded is a free and open-source emulator for playing the famous and first in its series, the Sony PlayStation One video games onto your personal computer.
Although there are a few other good emulators for playing the PlayStation One games on a PC, PCSX-Reloaded is one of the dominating and most sorted emulators in its class.
It is available for users of all the three main PC operating systems namely Windows, macOS, and Linux.
What makes it popular is its stable release and the support for playing numerous PlayStation One classic games such as Resident Evil, Suikoden 2 and Metal Gear Solid, etc.
How does PCSX-Reloaded work?
The working mechanism of the PCSX-Reloaded emulator for personal computers is the same as any other emulator.
In simple words, an emulator serves as a gateway to bridge the gap between two completely different platforms.
It enables one platform, the host, to recreate itself virtually into another platform, the guest, with the ultimate objective of running its software.
The technical part in making an emulator work smoothly is to configure it in the most appropriate way, if not the right way.
Users of PCSX-Reloaded can feel tense free as it is quite easy to configure.
- Size: 23.5MB
- Current Version: 1.9.94
- File Type: RAR
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Author: Mingzhi
- Price: Freeware
More Emulators: 10 Best PS3 Emulator For PC and Android
How to install the PCSX-Reloaded emulator onto a Windows running PC?
To download and install the PCSX-Reloaded emulator for playing your favorite PlayStation One classic games, follow these steps –
- Search on the internet for PCSX-Reloaded and download the. ZIP folder.
- Next, extract the folder and run the setup file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions like any other software setup process, click ‘Next’, and before beginning the installation, select the installation destination folder. (Tip: Try not to change the default location if possible.)
- Now install the PS1 BIOS that you have dumped from your PlayStation One. We highly discourage anyone to download it from the internet as this is illegal and the only right way to have it should be by way of owning a PS1 originally.
- Install the BIOS in the same folder as the PCSX-Reloaded.
- Now run the PCSXR.exe file and at this point, a configuration panel/window will appear.
- Click on the ‘Set BIOS Directory’ at the bottom of this window and locate the original folder where the BIOS map is placed.
- Click ‘Ok’ to exit this step and then click ‘Ok’ again to exit the configuration window.
- Finally, your emulator will start now and is ready for you to load and play the games.
PCSX-Reloaded is known for being packed with all the basic as well as a few extra plugins that any gamer would essentially need.
However, if you need any other plugins or want to replace them with something better, you can download them from the internet and place them in the ‘Plugins’ folder at the originally installed location of the PCSX-Reloaded.
A point to know here is that some plugins are built for 32-bit platforms so they might not work properly on 64-bit Windows.
Another important thing before proceeding towards loading the game is to make sure that you have configured the sound, video, game controllers, etc. in order to avoid any possible issues during the gameplay.
How to run ROMS on the PCSX-Reloaded emulator?
To load a ROM i.e. play a game on the PCSX-Reloaded emulator, follow this step –
- Click the ‘File’ in the menu and then ‘Run CD’ (keyboard shortcut keys CTRL+O) or ‘Run ISO’ (keyboard shortcut keys CTRL+I) to select the game ROM you want to play.