If you’re having trouble using Face ID on your iPhone 14, Pro, or Max, you can see the error Unable to activate Face ID on this iPhone. However, FaceID is not unlock your phone. This is a very common problem that affects many users, so don’t panic. We discovered some practical methods for enabling FaceID on your phone.
The iPhone is one of the safest smartphones available, and Face ID protection makes it even more secure, however due to errors, we cannot always utilise Face ID on our device. By updating your iPhone or disabling Face ID, you may have inserted a bug into your iPhone 14.
In this post, we will discuss more than ten methods for resolving the Face ID not working on iPhone 14 error and identifying the cause.
1. Create a new Face ID
Creating a new Face ID always works on iPhone, but you may have upgraded your iPhone, which might have caused issues and glitches for FID, you might have used a Face ID for a long time without upgrading, which may be a reason for it not functioning, however you could register a new Id here is how.
- 1st, open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the “Face ID & Passcode” section.
- Setup an Alternate Appearance using your Passcode
- Now, as your displays appear, register your face and follow instructions.
- When you’ve finished scanning your Face ID, hit Continue.
- To recheck, you must once again reveal your face.
- To create your new ID, you must tap on Done.
2. Check for the most recent update
Apple’s staff constantly advises their consumers to update to the most recent iOS version, which can address a variety of issues. If you are using outdated software, this might be the cause of Face ID not working on your iPhone. The latest iOS version includes several new features as well as a security upgrade that improves Face ID accuracy. So, here’s how you can get the most recent iOS version.
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Look for A “General” as you go down.
- Select “Software Update.”
- To reload the update, make sure your WiFi or mobile data is turned on.
- If an update is available, you must “Download and Install.”
- It will take a few minutes to download, then click “Install” to begin upgrading.
- It will prompt you for your passcode before restarting.
When you restart your iPhone, Face ID will not operate until you enter your proper passcode. Once you input your right passcode, Face ID will work. After upgrading iPhone 14, enter a passcode and check whether or not the ID works.
3. Reboot your iPhone
Many issues can be resolved by restarting the iPhone. It will update the settings, and your ID may become available again. Follow the on-screen directions to restart your device.
Step 1: Hold down the On/Off button.
Step 2: Press the Volume Up and Down buttons at the same time.
Step 3: Hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, or until your iPhone restarts and displays the Apple logo.
Step 4: Finally, release both buttons. The device will continue to boot normally.
4. Reset your Face ID
If you haven’t updated your Face ID in a long time and have installed new iOS on your device, it may be a reason for not working properly face ID, the update adds a new feature every time, so the best option is to reset face ID, which will allow you to generate id from scratch and delete old data so that it can be refreshed. This is how you do it.
- First, navigate to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to find Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter the passcode
- Look for “Reset Face ID” and erase it.
- Select “Set Up Face ID.”
- You must register a new ID.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish registration; you must move your head around for it to be produced. After that, restart your phone to allow the modifications to take effect.
5. Assure yourself that you are not covered
You should keep in mind that while unlocking your iPhone, you should not be covered by anything and that your eyes, nose, and mouth should be fully visible so that the true depth camera can scan you. If you have covered something, the algorithm will not unlock your iPhone for better security.
Face ID, fortunately, works with any sunglasses, spectacles, or masks. However, you must register it individually.
- To do:
- Navigate to “General.”
- “Face ID & Passcode” should now be open.
- Face ID may be enhanced with a mask or glasses.
It will allow you to unlock your phone more quickly. You should now double-check whether your face ID is working properly. More answers can be found by following the procedures outlined below.
6. Reset your iPhone’s settings
Resetting all settings on your iPhone might help you address a variety of problems, including the face id error. Sometimes we misplace settings that do not operate consistently. As a result, it will wipe all previous settings and provide you with a fresh device. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to the settings menu from your home.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Look for the option “Transfer or Reset.”
- Now select the first option, “Reset all settings.”
- Enter your passcode
- To confirm, tap.
It will now remove all of your settings and restart your iPhone automatically. After you’ve finished it, you may check to see if your face ID is still functioning. Apple has long advised their consumers to utilize automatic date and time, which keeps your iPhone up to date, therefore you should double-check that your date and time are correct and not deceptive.
7. Check whether your iPhone is broken.
This is a very common problem when your device’s face id is not working or is unavailable due to faulty sensors. You may not realize it, but someone dropped your iPhone, causing internal damage that is not visible on the outside. In this instance, if the face id sensors fail, you will never be able to use your face id to unlock your iPhone.
The solution is to get it fixed from an authorized Apple store; this is a security component that can only be serviced by Apple; if you seek for third-party stores, they will not be able to fix it because it is linked to the motherboard. You may go to your closest Apple Store, and if your iPhone is still under warranty, they will tell you whether or not you need to pay for it. However, it will be costly if your warranty is expired.
8. Speak with an Apple specialist
You must be weary of trying to fix your face IDs but none of the Above methods have worked, so one of the legitimate ways to contact Apple support team, they are trained to fix such errors and you will obtain proper information about face id. They will assist you in resolving this issue. You know, Apple made it pretty simple; all you have to do is download an app, and that’s it. Here’s how you do it.
- Start the “App Store.”
- Look up the phrase “Apple Support.”
- Find the Blue with Apple Log App and click the “Get” button.
- You must input your passcode or Face Id to download the app.
- Then you may talk to someone about your Face ID issue.
If none of the solutions work on your iPhone’s Face ID, it is possible that your phone’s Face ID is physically damaged. To resolve this issue, go to the Apple Store and browse for nearby repair service facilities. If your iPhone is under warranty, Apple will replace it with a new iPhone. If your iPhone is out of warranty, it is better to seek a local market, since it will be less expensive than getting it fixed at an official Apple Store.