Modern smartphones have become more than just communicating devices. With the enhancements in camera and capturing technology, smartphones have entirely demolished the digital cameras and recorders industry. Many videographers, ad-film makers, and short filmmakers are using easy-to-carry phones for shooting their pieces.
Shooting is just one part of producing a video. Though it requires an excellent camera quality to shoot a video, a video can be made flawless even if it is not shot by a relatively good camera. To make the video lively and attractive for mass appeal, it requires a few tweaks and tricks. This magic is done by video editing professionals who use video editing software.
For editing the video shot on their phone, most people transfer the videos on their PC or Mac and edit using a professional Windows or macOS video editing software. However, now users need not take so much stress. Many excellent video editing apps are now available for Android and iOS that would create impeccable videos for you.
This post compares the two most popular video editing apps available for smartphones – Movavi Clips and Kinemaster. We would discuss their features, Pros & Cons, and finally, decide which one is better than the other.
Movavi Clips VS KineMaster
|Top Features||Movavi Clips||Kinemaster|
|Add Custom Soundtrack|
|Join Multiple Clips|
|Adjusting exposure, highlights, and shadows|
Android 5.0 or higher
Android 5.0 or higher
Movavi Clips: An Overview
Movavi is a popular software developer brand that is focused on creating media editing tools like Photo Editors, Video Editors, Screen Recorders, etc. The company develops applications for every popular platform like Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Movavi Video Editor for Windows is one of the best editing tools recommended by experts. Similar to it, Movavi has launched the video editing app for Android and iOS, too, for the people who don’t have access to PCs or Macs. It is named Movavi Clips.
Movavi Clips is one of the top editing tools you will find for Android. It comes with a straightforward, soothing interface. You won’t be lost among its tools as they are easy to understand and implement. For creating a quick Instagrammable video, you just have to shoot it, add it into the app’s timeline, cut the unessential parts, insert the audio or music of your preference, and that’s it. The video is ready to show, save, and share.
To make the video livelier, a wide range of filters and themes are available to apply. So, even if your video is not shot perfectly, the end result after the editing would be great. For a more detailed video, Movavi Clips provides you the option to add subtitles and other unconventional features.
Movavi Clips Salient Features:
- The app provides the option to cut, crop, merge multiple videos.
- You can create a video by combining multiple photos.
- The options on the app are straightforward, and you won’t get confused.
- To make your video more engaging, you can add Texts, Stickers, Transitions, Filters, and Subtitles.
- There are options to change the speed of the video, rotate them, and reverse too.
- You can tinker with the sounds of the video and add the background voice of your choice.
- Easy to use and get used to. No technical knowledge is required.
- Multiple editing options.
- You can enjoy the app for FREE without any annoying ads.
- The output video will have a Movavi watermark in the free version.
KineMaster: An Overview
KineMaster is another popular Android video editing application. It is also available for Windows and Mac devices. It is one of the most advanced programs that provide you loads of options to tinker with your video. As far as features are concerned, it supports multiple video layers, splicing frames, transition effects, and many more. However, with it, you only get a 30-day free trial with all its functions; after that, it would still be available but with limited options and watermarked video, or you have to buy it on a monthly or yearly subscription basis.
If you are a beginner, then KineMaster can be a bit overwhelming while using for the first few times. However, after getting used to it, you won’t look at any other application ever.
KineMaster Salient Features:
- Adjust the color of the video and filters or transition effects
- Provides you the option to trim and resize the video
- Combine different clips to make them a single video
- Directly share the video on various social networks like YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Easily change the audio track or add any other sound to the video.
- Lots of basic and advanced features.
- Straightforward interface.
- The trial version of 30 days would provide you all the features.
- It comes with annoying ads.
- The full version is a bit expensive.
Movavi Clips and KineMaster, both are top-rated among users because of their outstanding features. Both are intuitive and fit for instant editing. But KineMaster can be challenging to use if you are a newbie in the video editing field. You might find some options overwhelming to implement. That’s why Movavi Clips has a little edge over the KineMaster.
The best thing is, since they are both available for free, you can try each of them by yourself, compare the pros and cons as per your requirements, and chose the one that best suits you.