Are you facing an issue to enable Chat in Gmail app?
Within the Google Workspace ecosystem, users can securely communicate using Google Chat. This versatile application facilitates team collaboration through text-based communication, web conferences, document sharing, and collaborative chat rooms. It also allows for audio and video calls, as well as seamless file sharing. Google Chat can be used as a standalone service or integrated with Gmail.
However, if you’re encountering the issue of Google Chat not appearing in Gmail, fret not! In this article, we will explore effective solutions to rectify this problem. Let’s dive right in!
5 Best Solutions to Resolve Google Chat Not Showing in Gmail
If you’re experiencing the frustration of Google Chat not being visible in Gmail, worry not. We have compiled a list of fixes to help you resolve this issue. Let’s get started with the solutions:
Fix 1: Enable Google Chat on Gmail:
To ensure that the Google Chat option appears in both the Gmail mobile app and desktop browsers, you need to enable it through the Gmail settings. Follow these steps:
On Gmail Mobile App:
- Open the Gmail app and tap on the Hamburger icon.
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose the desired Gmail account.
- Look for the “Chat” option and tick the box to enable Google Chat on Gmail.
On Gmail Website:
- Open Gmail on your computer.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right corner and select “See all settings.”
- Choose “Chat and Meet” from the top menu.
- Next to “Chat,” select “Google Chat” to turn it on.
- Save the changes by clicking “Save Changes.”
Fix 2: Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:
Outdated or corrupted browser cache and cookies can often cause issues with the visibility of Google Chat. Follow these steps to clear the cache and cookies:
- Open your browser’s settings.
- Search for “Clear browsing data” or a similar option.
- Select “Advanced” and choose the time range (e.g., “All Time“).
- Check the boxes for “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click on “Clear data” or a similar button to clear the cache and cookies.
Fix 3: Disable Browser Extensions:
Sometimes, third-party browser extensions can interfere with the functionality of Google Chat. Follow these steps to disable extensions:
- Type “chrome://extensions” in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Locate the suspicious extensions and remove them.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Type “edge://extensions” in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Turn off the toggles for the extensions.
- Disable all extensions and gradually enable them one by one to identify any conflicts.
Fix 4: Sign Out and Sign Back In:
If you encounter error messages or issues with loading conversations in Google Chat, signing out and signing back in can help resolve any account-related problems. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Chat in your web browser (visit Google Search or Gmail if Chat doesn’t load).
- Click on the profile icon in the top-right corner and select “Sign out of all accounts.”
- Sign back in to refresh your session and resolve any account-related issues.
Fix 5: Check the Network:
Before diving into the fixes, it’s essential to ensure a stable internet connection. Follow these steps:
- Check that you are connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Run a speed test using Ookla or any reliable speed testing tool to confirm your internet connectivity.
By following the above solutions, you can resolve the issue of Google Chat not appearing in Gmail. Enable Google Chat in the settings, ensure a stable network connection, clear browser cache and cookies, disable conflicting extensions, and sign out and sign back in if necessary.
With these fixes, you’ll once again have access to the Google Chat option in both the Gmail app and website. Stay connected, collaborate seamlessly, and enjoy the benefits of Google Chat within Gmail.