With so few jailbreaks about right now, it’s always exciting when we get a new one, and Unc0ver jailbreak is proving to be popular. It supports all iOS devices on iOS 11 to iOS 13 with the A7 to A13 64-bit ARM systems. If this covers your device, here’s all you need to know.
How to Download Unc0ver Jailbreak:
You have a choice of two methods to install Unc0ver jailbreak to your iPhone using a Windows computer:
Method 1: Unc0ver IPA File
- Back up your device using iCloud or iTunes
- Open Safari browser and go to the Unc0ver download page
- Download the Unc0ver IPA file to your computer
- Install the Unc0ver IPA using Cydia Impactor on your iPhone.
- When you see Unc0ver on your iPhone home screen, open iOS Settings
- Tap on General > Profiles and trust the Unc0ver profile
- Tap the Unc0ver app icon on your home screen
- Tap Jailbreak and wait – Unc0ver will now install on your device
- When your device resprings, Cydia should be on your main screen
Method 2: Using AltStore
AltStore is a third-party app store where you can download the Unc0ver Jailbreak. However, there is a downside to using this method – at least once every seven days, the apps will need to be refreshed to stop them expiring and crashing, and you will need a companion app on your computer for this – this is called AltServer. Your device must be connected to your computer by cable or iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Download AltStore following the linked instructions on your Windows PC
- Open Safari and download Unc0ver jailbreak
- Open the AltStore app on your iOS device and tap on My Apps
- Tap the + button and tap on Unc0ver 5.3.1
- Wait for the installation to complete, and Unc0ver will be on your home screen
What is the Unc0ver Jailbreak?
Uncover is one of the most stable and reliable jailbreak utilities released in a long while. Developed by pwn20wnd, it is supported on the devices listed below on iOS 11 through iOS 13. In a minute, we will look at what this jailbreak utility offers you; first, these are the devices supported – if you don’t see yours, it won’t be supported at this time:
Unc0ver Jailbreak Updates and Features
Unc0ver is updated on a regular basis, each update bringing more security, fixing any issues that have arisen, and bringing new features. In recent times, we have seen the addition of Dark and Light themes, all app settings being given useful descriptions which tell us the supported system/architecture and what the setting does, and also we now have support for A12 and A13 devices on iOS 13 or above.
More than all that, Unc0ver jailbreak also provides users with these cool features:
- You have access to your file system
- The option to disable auto-updates
- The option to dump APTickets
- You can enable get-task-allow
- You can export TFPO
- The icon cache can be refreshed and memory limits increased
- You can install OpenSSH and install unsigned IPA files
- The option to load daemons and reload system daemons
- You can disable app revokes
- The Cydia Cache can be reset
- The Boot notice can be overwritten
- Install all your favorite apps, tweaks, mods, and more
- You can reinstall Cydia
- Remove the Jailbreak using Restore RootFS
- Many more features
Cydia Substrate is the platform backing Cydia and is what allows users to modify the code and software without access to the source code. This is used by Unc0ver jailbreak, as is the Cydia Package Manager, allowing you to download your libraries, mods, tweaks, apps, and more.
However, Unc0ver is a semi-untethered jailbreak utility and, whenever your device is restarted, for any reason, the Jailbreak will need to be reactivated.
How to Remove Unc0ver Jailbreak
This is simple to do and requires the use of RootFS:
- Open Cydia and tap on the Installed tab
- Delete every tweak, mod, app, etc. manually
- Open Uncover jailbreak and tap on Settings
- Toggle the options for Refresh Icon Cache and Restore RootFS (Rec0ver)
- Tap Jailbreak or Rejailbreak on the Unc0ver main screen and wait
Now your root filesystem is being restored, so be patient and do NOT turn off your device. This proves it can take some time, and you will know it is done when the RootFS message appears on your screen – tap OK, and the Jailbreak is removed.
Are you going to try Unc0ver on your device? It offers all the features you used to get with the earlier jailbreaks and is very simple to use. Try it today and see if it offers what you want from a jailbreak.