TutuApp is one of the best-known names in offering unofficial content. Once an alternative to Cydia for iOS users, the store proved so popular that an Android version was soon released, allowing even more people free and easy access to tons of modified and tweaked apps. And now that audience has widened even further – with one small workaround, you can even run TutuApp on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
How to Install TutuApp on Windows or macOS
There is one very simple way to install TutuApp on your desktop computer – by using an Android emulator and installing the Android version of the app store.
- The first step is to install an Android emulator. You can use any emulator you want but our recommendations are BlueStacks or Nox Player
- Next, open the TutuApp official page on your computer and download the APK file
- Open the emulator and sign in – you need a Google account (free to get if you don’t have one)
- Wait for the emulator to set up and then type TutuApp into the search bar
- Or you can drag the .apk file into the emulator or right-click it and choose Open With (emulator)
- Once the file is in the emulator, click on it and leave it to install – you will see the app store icon on the emulator home page when it is all done
- Now you can enjoy using your alternative app store
How to Use TutuApp On your PC or Mac
TutuApp is simple to use:
- Open your emulator and click on the TutuApp store
- Wait for the store to open and then click on any app or game you want to install
- Click on Install and the app will install to the emulator – you can access it via the home page when it is done
Why Should You Use TutuApp on Your PC or Mac?
Because of the resources your computer offers. This is more beneficial to game playing – you get to play on a larger screen, take advantage of more storage space and RAM, better processors and graphics too. And you get to use an alternative app store to your desktop store, one that provides tons of modified apps for free.
Fixing Common TutuApp Errors
While most users enjoy a trouble-free experience with TutuApp, there are a couple of errors that desktop users may face.
White or Blank Screen
This is one of the simplest errors to fix – delete TutuApp from your computer and install it again.
Greyed Icon/App Won’t Download
This also requires that you delete TutuApp from your computer and start again. If the error persists, it could be that your computer doesn’t meet the space and memory requirements for the app store. Start cleaning up your computer, deleting anything you don’t use and putting media files into the cloud or on an external storage device. You should also ensure you have at least 2 GB of free RAM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we answer all the common questions we get about TutuApp.
Is it Safe?
Yes and so is the emulator. Neither contains any malware, viruses or anything else that can do harm to your computer. All you need is a Google account for the emulator but, as with any unofficial apps, you should have reputable antivirus software on your computer. You can also use a VPN to protect your identity.
Are There any Viruses or Malware in TutuApp or the Apps in it?
No. The app is monitored daily and when a problem is reported, it is fixed with an update. It’s down to you to install the updates to ensure your own safety.
Where Do TutuApp Free and TutuApp VIP Differ?
TutuApp Free offers a great experience for users, with plenty of free apps and games. However, some users want more and the VIP version offers an ad-free, more stable app with no restrictions and more content, plus a few VIP-exclusive features too. If you already have the VIP version on your mobile device, simply add your desktop to your VIP account and you can use it on your PC or Mac too. And you can get a 10% renewal discount if your VIP account expires in 60 days or less.
TutuApp Is Only for iOS, isn’t it?
Once, yes but, because of popular demand, the developers opted to provide an Android version too. And that has led to desktop use through the use of an Android emulator, making TutuApp truly diverse in the platforms it supports.
TutuApp has always been popular, even more so now it works on so many platforms. Try it on your PC or Mac and see what it offers compared to your desktop app store. Everything in TutuApp is free to download and use with no restrictions so download it today and see what you’ve been missing out on.