Lost or Deleted Photos? Looking to recover lost or deleted photos using a Mac data recovery software, but not sure which one to choose? Finding software capable of recovering the data can be both tiresome and time-consuming. In this article, we will discuss the Remo Photo Recovery tool, which is advertised as a “Mac Photo Recovery tool specifically designed to Recover Photos, Videos, Music or any other Media Files across all Mac Devices”. Our team has decided to test this program and see whether this statement is true.
Remo Mac Photo Recovery Software: Different Use Cases
Remo Data Recovery claims that this tool is designed to deal with various types of data loss scenarios. Following are some tried and tested scenarios for the Remo Photo Recovery tool for Mac:
Recover Photos On Mac After Permanently Deletion:
I Shift+Deleted the files from an old USB drive and tried to recover my data using Remo Photo Recovery software. Even though they were permanently deleted, I was surprised to see that it could recover most of the data from the USB drive.
Recover Photos on Mac After Formatting Partition
We formatted a hard drive that had a bad CRC error and then we tried to recover it using Remo Photo Recovery. As promised, we got back all the photos from Mac safely with no errors.
What Key Features of Remo Photo Recovery Tool Impressed me?
Recovers data from a wide variety of Mac devices:
The tool supports all Mac devices including the most recent MacOS Big Sur. Works flawlessly on any mac supported devices and drives.
Recovery of Photos shot on any Camera:
This software is not restricted to only Mac devices; it can restore photos and videos from other devices too like CCTV, DSLR, etc. with a high recovery rate in various data loss scenarios.
Supports Recovery of Mac Files of Any File Format:
Remo Photo Recovery software supports file recovery of over 300 different file formats such as JPEG, PNG, PSD, RAW, including videos, documents, and even audio. Although I can recover all of my files with different file types, I’m not sure about the exact number. This software can also recover photos and files from file systems like APFS, HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT, exFAT and others.
Dual Scanning Mode:
It’s good to have two modes of operations namely Normal Scan and Deep Scan. The Normal Scan ensures recovering lost or deleted photos and files from Mac quickly, whereas the Deep Scan makes sure you get back deleted photos in any scenario.
Tool Supports Try and Buy
Since there are so many Mac Photo Recovery tools that claim to be the best for recovering Mac photos, choosing the right one can be very difficult. It is wonderful that the tool allows us to test for free before we pay. We are only asked to pay once we are satisfied with the recovery process and have recovered all lost or deleted Mac photos/files.
Compatible Operating Systems
Remo Photo Recovery software exists in two versions that are built for Mac and Windows operating systems respectively.
Remo Photo Recovery software is compatible with the following devices:
- Computers: Windows PC, iMac, MacBook, Notepad, Laptops, and much more.
- Flash Drives USB Drives, Flash stick memory, Pendrives, Jump Drives, and more.
- Memory Cards: SD cards, mini SD cards, micro SD cards, CF, SDHC, Smart Media, XD, etc.
- External Hard Drives: Western Digital, Toshiba, Kingston, Seagate, and many more.
- Digital Cameras and Camcorders: GoPro, Canon, Casio, Nikon, Sony, Kodak, Olympus, Samsung, all DSLRs, and many more.
How to Recover Lost/Deleted Photos on Mac Using Remo Photo Recovery Tool?
Firstly, I downloaded the Remo Photo Recovery tool using the link (the software was just 24 MB) and install the tool as instructed.
Then, as I launched the application it asked me to choose between Recover Deleted Photos and Recover Lost Photos. I clicked on the Recover Deleted photos option.
After clicking on the “Recover Deleted Photos” option, I was asked to select the partition that I wanted to scan and click “Scan”.
The scanning process just took 3-4 minutes to completely scan the 280 GB partition (Comparatively fast).
Remo Recover’s user-friendly interface made it easy to view the recovered deleted photos/files, there were plenty of details. One of the best parts of it was the ability to categorize the recovered items by All Data, Images, Audio, Video, Documents, Emails, Others. You could just see the deleted files using the “Show Deleted” option.
If you are unable to recover all your files using Normal Scan, you will have a Deep Scan option.
After the using Deep Scan option, I was able to see nearly 320 GB of additional files, as Remo Recover managed to recover 55,612 files. The recovery process was smooth but the deep scan has taken a few hours to complete scanning and show recoverable files. Maybe it depends on the amount of data and the size of the drive.
Pricing of Remo Photo Recovery for Mac
In order to enjoy the Remo Photo Recovery tool to the fullest, you must purchase a license. It comes with four different licenses to choose from:
- Basic Edition: To recover the most common file formats.
- $59.97(Single User)
- Media Edition: To recover files, photos, videos, and audio (most common file formats as well as RAW images, videos, and audio formats).
- $69.97(Single User)
- Pro-Edition: For formatted drives and deleted/ lost volumes (Comes with all the functionality of Basic and Media Editions, plus enhanced support to recover from Volumes and formatted cases).
- $179.97(Single User)
- Tech/Corp Edition: For Technicians who provide client-based consultation services and for organizations with multiple users (This can be activated on multiple machines).
Is Remo Recover Trust Worthy?
Pros and Cons of Remo Photo Recovery tool
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Uses advanced scanning algorithms
- Recover all lost or deleted files, even from the formatted hard drive
- Supports over 300 file types
- Provides free technical support 24*7
- The free version only provides us a preview of the files
- Cannot save the files using the trial version
- Cannot recover the files if the data is overwritten
If you have lost some photos, you may be able to restore them with Remo Mac photo Recovery software. There’s no need to worry about losing important images, music, or movies ever again. All you need to do is trust Remo Mac Photo Recovery software, but you must act quickly. The sooner you act, the lesser the data is lost.