Honor 9 Lite Top 20+ Best Features You Should Know
- Ride Mode: The Ride Mode update on the Honor 9 Lite will be rolled out in batches and will be completed by the end of the month. Once you get the update, you will be able to access the Ride Mode feature by activating it either from the drop-down notifications menu or by going to the phone’s Settings menu. Once you enable the feature, callers will be notified that the user is currently riding, and cannot answer calls. The feature essentially functions as a Do-Not-Disturb option that sends a message to the caller saying that the user will not be able to attend the call since they are riding. However, the caller will also get an option to call the rider in case of an emergency.
2. Navigation Dock: Control Your Phone at a Touch
Every time you want to close an app or return to the home screen, you must use the navigation bar at
the bottom of your Phone. Now, you can also use Navigation dock to perform the same functions,
making your Phone even more user-friendly.
Use the preset gestures to go back, return to the home screen, or switch between apps
3. Change Screen Resolution On Honor 9 Lite: Full HD screens have more power requirements then HD screens. So the phone’s having HD screens are more battery efficient than phones having Full HD displays. But in Honor 9 Lite you can lower the screen resolution from Full HD+ to HD+. This will increase the battery capacity at the cost of screen clarity. To change the screen resolution go to ‘Settings>Display>Screen resolution’. Under ‘CUSTOM’ select HD+ (1440 x 720 (low)) to lower the screen resolution. Select FHD+ (2160 x 1080 (high)) if you want to set the resolution to full HD. Enable ‘Smart resolution’ if you want to let the phone automatically select the best resolution to save the battery. When the battery gets low the resolution will be auto set to HD+ if ‘Smart resolution’ is enabled.
4. Enable Eye Comfort In Honor 9 Lite
: As your smartphone screens emit blue light which is not good for our eyes in the dark. So to protect the eyes from the blue light
you should enable the ‘Eye Comfort
’ option. To enable it to go to ‘Settings>Display
’. Here tap ‘Eye comfort
’ and again tap ‘Eye comfort
’ to enable it. You can also schedule the eye comfort for start and end time. Use the slider under ‘Colour Temperature
’ to increase or decrease the intensity of the eye comfort filter. You can set the filter’s intensity between the warmer and cooler color temperature range. You can also enable this from the notifications panel.
5. Use One-Handed Mode on Honor 9 Lite: If you find the screen of Honor 9 Lite then you can use it in one-handed mode. To enable one-handed UI just go to ‘Settings>Smart assistance>One-handed UI’. Here enable ‘Mini screen view’. Now to enter the one-handed UI just make a swipe at the navigation buttons either from left or right. To exit, tap the black area and return to full-screen view.
6. Change, Hide, Show Navigation Buttons: In Honor 9 Lite you can change, hide, or show navigation buttons. To change, hide, or show navigation buttons go to ‘Settings>Smart assistance>System navigation>Navigation bar’. Tap ‘Settings’ and select the combination on navigation buttons to change the order of the buttons. Enable ‘Navigation bar’ to enable the hide/show button. To hide the navigation bar just tap the tiny arrow on the left in the navigation bar. This will completely remove the navigation bar from the screen. To bring it back just swipe up the screen from its bottom where the Honor logo is located. In the navigation bar, you may see a fifth button and arrow with two parallel bars above it. This button is for opening the notification panel.
7. Use App Twin
: With app twin, you can install two same android apps on your Honor 9 Lite. You can have two WhatsApp
accounts with different numbers on your Honor 9 Lite or you can have two Facebook apps installed, or two Snapchat apps installed on the same phone. You can also install two Instagram apps on this phone. Simply go to ‘Settings>Apps & notifications>App twin
’. Here you will see a list of the apps which can have a twin. Simply enable the app twin to install its second instance.
8. Hidden Folder Locker: How to use hide folder lock firstly, you have to unhide the folder locker. To unhide you have to do your own two fingers yourself. and then you will get the option to add apps, games to it.
9. Enable Power/Ultra Power Saving Mode: Huawei Honor 9 Lite comes with two modes when it comes to battery saving. One is the normal ‘Power saving’ mode and another is the ‘Ultra power saving’ mode. The ultra power saving mode is capable of saving more battery juice by turning the screen black and running only necessary apps like phone call app, messaging app, SOS app, and any two apps of your choice. To enable the power saving mode to go to ‘Settings>Battery’. Here you can enable both the settings. If you are using ultra power saving mode then you can only use necessary apps.
10. Wifi Bridge: Transform your Honor 7X into a WiFi ROUTER & share your WiFi with your friends (up to 4 devices).
Honor 9 Lite Specifications
The Honor 9 Lite is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Honor 9 Lite packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Honor 9 Lite runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 151.00 x 71.90 x 7.60 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 149.00 grams.
The Honor 9 Lite is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
*Includes Rs. 1,900 cashback
The Chinese telecommunications company has been manufacturing mobile phones since 1997. It is also the largest telecom infrastructure maker in the world. The company also makes Android smartphones and tablets. Recently it has stepped into the smartwatch market with an Android Wear-based device. It is another one of the big smartphone manufacturers from China.