Google Classroom is the best source for learners to attend classes online on their devices at home. The application brings schools and colleges on your hand, easy to set up using a Google account and you will not be charged to use services, it’s a nonprofitable app. The classroom comes with all useful features but it doesn’t support Dark Mode which students really miss. You can enable Dark Mode for your PC.
In this post, you will learn how to enable Dark Mode on Google Classroom for PCs which will be accessible from Windows or macOS. There is no option provided to enable dark themes on the Classroom, by default comes with light themes that users want to change into dark mode. Here is a step by step guide to set up the dark theme.
Google Classroom is the most convenient program that offers education services free of charge. It’s trustworthy and safe to use, it doesn’t contain any irritating advertisements that might cause you to interfere with your study, and never share user details with third-party companies. You can submit and receive assignments on the assignment tab, which teachers can announce in real-time. Millions of students use it every day to practice their studies.
Features of Classroom
- Supports documents, photos, and videos which you can save into Google Drive.
- No paperwork.
- Easy to distribute assignments.
- Anywhere, anytime access.
- Easy to set up and clean interface.
- No advertising.
- Support Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
- Free of charges.
We’ve found an extension that claims to enable dark mode in Google Classroom. The extension gives you excellent adjustable features that help you monitor the brightness, contrast, sepia, grayscale, here’s how you can do it in the best way.
How to enable Dark Mode on Classroom (Chrome)
You are supposed to have a Google Chrome browser installed on your Windows or macOS computer to use a dark theme in the Classroom.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome
First, you need to open chrome from your computer or laptop then, visit ‘Web Store.
Step 2: Search Dark Reader
Search ‘Dark Reader‘ in the search bar of Web Store, you can see in the below image as well.
Step 3: Add to Chrome
Open the first result after appearing, then click the ‘Add to chrome’ button to download the extension into chrome.
Step 4: Enable Dark mode
To enable dark mode, click on the Dark reader icon which is located in the right top bar, click on enable toggle to ‘On’ Dark mode. If you don’t find an extension in the top bar, go to More tools > Extensions, find Dark reader then enable it.
Once you enable Dark mode, you will be able to access Google Classroom in the dark theme, it changes the entire interface from light theme to dark. You have options to control dark mode, increase and decrease brightness, contrast, according to comfort.
The extension supports all websites which you can use in the dark mode like Google, Bing, Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and etc.
Dark mode for Firefox
Firefox also has an extension store like Google Chrome Web Store, where you can download any extension, here is how you can download Dark Reader to enable dark mode on Classroom.
- First, open the Firefox browser from your desktop.
- Visit addons.mozilla.org.
- Search ‘Dark Reader‘ and open the first result.
- Click the blue “Add to Firefox‘ button to download the extension.
- It will be automatically installed into the Firefox browser, you can locate it from the right top bar.
- Open Dark Reader to turn ‘On‘ Dark Mode on your Classroom dashboard.
Which permissions ask Classroom?
- Camera: You can take pictures and videos to distribute to the class.
- Storage: It needs to save photos, videos, documents in the local storage.
- Accounts: An account needed to log in with the Classroom.
Download Classroom for PC using BlueStacks
You can run the Classroom application on your Windows or macOS computer for free, you need to install the BlueStacks emulator to handle APK files such as Google Classroom, here is a guide.
- Download BlueStacks for Windows or macOS.
- Install BlueStacks on your computer.
- Run emulator and open Google PlayStore.
- Enter your email ID and password to log in or you can create a new account.
- Search Classroom in the searching section then clicks on the ‘Install‘ button.
- Open the Classroom app after installing from the emulator, log in with ID, and join the online class.
Once you install the application on the BlueStacks, you will be able to use all features provided in the mobile version.
Also Read: Google Docs Dark Mode for Chrome, FireFox, Opera Windows PC
Hope you enabled Dark Mode for Google Classroom if you still can’t install it, feel free to drop a comment below with the error, so we can fix the issue as soon as possible.
thx at first it didn’t work
but then i try it again
and then it work
I love the dark mode for Google Classroom! It makes it easier to focus on my work.