AutoCAD is an Autodesk program that professionals use to create 2D and 3D designs. The application has become commonplace among architects and engineers.
It allows people to inspect concepts and ideas before executing them. With the help of the right professional, you can design an entire product line. Before AutoCAD, people created designs by hand using basic tools such as rulers and pencils.
But then AutoCAD came along in 1982 and revolutionized this industry. The program brings several benefits to the table. For instance, because the software is more accurate, it reduces the number of errors you will encounter in your designs.
You will also save money because AutoCAD produces designs at a faster rate than the manual approach. AutoCAD is constantly changing. Each new version is better than the programs that came before. Therefore, AutoCAD 2008 improved heavily upon the attributes of AutoCAD 2007.
AutoCAD 2008 Overview
Like its predecessors, AutoCAD 2008 makes 2D and 3D designs. The program stood out when it debuted because it delivered a new installation wizard with subtitles, a superior interface, and a wider drawing area.
The dashboard was more efficient, creating an environment that simplified and enhanced the creative process. The developers made the features and functions easier to access by placing them behind new panels.
The grip tips were particularly beneficial to newcomers because you could learn everything you needed to know about a particular component by placing the cursor on it. Additional features include:
1). Text placements
2). Automatic text alignment
3). Dimension break tool
4). Improved dynamic blocks
You cannot expect AutoCAD 2008 to compete favorably against recent versions of the program. These days, the software comes in various custom variants designed to meet the needs of consumers with unique challenges.
Download AutoCad 2008 Free
|Category||2D, 3D Design|
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- CPU: 2.4GHz (32-bit)/Intel EM64T (64-bit)
- RAM: 512MB (32-bit) / 1GB (64-bit)
- Storage: 750MB Hard Disk Space
How To Install AutoCAD
Do you have AutoCAD? Get the disc and place it in the computer. Launch the installation wizard and click the ‘Install Products’ option. Wait for the program to show you the welcome page.
- Like most installations, this one will ask you to click ‘Next’ again and again. Every so often, it will punctuate these instructions with tasks you must perform.
- For instance, the installation wizard will ask you to select the product you want to install. It will also expect you to read through the license agreement. The agreement may vary depending on your location.
- Therefore, you should take a moment to read it. Although, you don’t really have to. You can just accept the document before clicking ‘Next.’
- Eventually, you will volunteer the user information to personalize the product. Pay close attention to this step. After all, you can’t change the information once you enter it.
- The software will display it in the window. The only way to make edits is to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall it. And then, you can enter new information. Otherwise, there’s no changing the data.
- Therefore, you should review your information carefully before proceeding. You can jump to the install page if you like what you see. Here, you can initiate the installation by clicking ‘Install.’
- Keep in mind that this method installs the software using default values. If you want to use configured values, most of the steps remain unchanged.
- However, instead of using ‘Install,’ you should click ‘Configure.’ This allows you to make changes. For instance, the ‘Installation Type’ gives you the option of choosing between typical and custom installations.
- You can also specify the installation path. The options on the ‘Specify User Preferences’ page allow the user to choose a text editor and create a desktop shortcut.
- Keep pressing ‘Next’ and making the relevant selections until you return to the install page.
This second installation method has more options, and it may confuse newcomers. But professionals will appreciate the diversity of choices it brings to the table.
AutoCAD 2008 is nothing special today. But it was quite impressive when it first came out all those years ago. Consumers appreciated the user-friendly environment, enhanced functions, and new installation support.
The developers improved the user interface significantly while simultaneously making the dashboard more efficient. You don’t have to use AutoCAD 2008 because the market has newer versions.
But the program is a great starting point for anyone that wants to make 2D and 3D designs.