The Android app store is, without a doubt, one of the biggest in the world, offering a comprehensive and diverse range of apps and games. Sadly, it still doesn’t offer what the vast majority of users want – unofficial, modified content. ACMarket, on the other hand, does. One of the best alternatives to the Android app store, ACMarket provides easy and free access to thousands of tweaked and modified apps but it doesn’t stop there. Not only is ACMarket great for Android users, but you can also use it on your Mac or Windows PC.
Download ACMarket on Mac or PC:
It is only because ACMarket is an Android app that you can use it on your desktop computer. All you need is an Android emulator – we would recommend using Nox Player or BlueStacks as they work on both operating systems, are free, powerful and reliable.
- Using the official websites, download Nox or BlueStacks onto your computer
- Now go to https://ac-market.org and download the APK file
- You will need a Google account to use the emulator so get one now if you don’t have one – they are free to set up
- Open your emulator, sign in and leave it to set up – this could take a while
- Now type ACMarket into the emulator search bar and wait – click on the result and let it be installed on your computer
- You will see ACMarket on the emulator home screen
How to Use ACMarket:
ACMarket is one of the most user-friendly app installers around today:
- Launch the Android emulator and click the ACMarket icon
- When it opens, find an app or a game that you want to download – there is a search bar available
- Click it and follow any directions that appear on the screen
- When you see the app icon on the emulator home screen, you can use your app.
Fixing Common ACMarket Errors:
Desktop users may be unlucky enough to face one of a couple of errors but they are simple to fix:
ACMarket Not Installed:
This might happen for a number of reasons and one of these fixes should resolve it:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Go into your computer settings and click on the Apps section
- Click on System > Package Installer
- Click Clear Data and Clear Cache
Method 2: Clear Space
One of the main reasons for an app failing to install is not enough space on your device. Go through your computer, delete unused files/folders, uninstall unused apps. Move media files to external storage and empty your recycle bin. You also need at least 2 GB RAM free.
ACMarket Stopped Working
Again, there are a few reasons for this and these are the solutions:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences
- Open your desktop app manager and click on All Apps
- Click on Reset App Preferences>Reset Now
Method 2: Clear the Package Installer Data and Cache
- Open your Desktop App Manager
- Click System Apps>Package Installer
- Click Clear Data and Clear Cache
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the commonly asked questions about using ACMarket on the PC or Mac:
Is it Free?
Yes, and it always will be. Nox Player and BlueStacks emulators are also free to use and you will never be charged for any app, game or anything else in ACMarket. You will come across a few ads but these are few and far between. Ads are always found in free apps because that’s how the developers make money so they can bring you the app for free.
How Safe is It?
Very. ACMarket has millions of users worldwide, as do the emulators and all downloads are secured by SSL encryption. However, you should have reputable antivirus software on your computer to ensure your safety.
What Platforms Can I Use it on?
Officially, ACMarket is for Android users and it won’t work on other mobile platforms. However, you can use it on your Mac or Windows PC with an Android emulator.
Will It Affect My PC Warranty?
No. Both ACMarket and the emulators are legal to use and you don’t need to do anything special to install them. They do not interfere with the security or anything else on your computer system.
Does It Have Game Emulators?
Yes. ACMarket offers a decent choice of emulators to help you turn your computer into a games console. That includes emulators from Nintendo, PlayStation, PPSSPP, Wii, and more and they all offer a decent choice of games to download and play too.
ACMarket is a fantastic choice of app store for your Windows or Mac computer. It offers thousands of apps, games, emulators and more, all for free and you can use it alongside the official app store on your computer. Try it today, you have nothing to lose.